What is domestic abuse?
Domestic abuse is the misuse of power or the use of force within an intimate relationship. It involves domination, coercion, or intimidation of a partner or another household member. It is behavior that may include:
Physical & sexual abuse
Emotional & psychological abuse
Control of finances
Where to find help?
For immediate danger in the USA, call 911.
• DAPP 24/7 hotline: 1-202-458-5800 (HQ & COFs)
• IDB Domestic Abuse Liaison: 1-202-623-1909 (HQ & COF)
• National Domestic Violence Hotline (24 hrs./7 days a week): 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) (HQ)
Global Directory – https://nomoredirectory.org/
• Lifeworks by Morneau Sheppell
For International/Domestic staff, consultants, and eligible dependents at IDB Headquarters or outside the US:
o 1-800-433-7916 (HQ)
o 1-905-886-3605 (COF)
• My sister’s Place (Women’s shelter)
• Family Crisis Center, Inc. of Prince George’s County
301-731-1203 (24-hour hotline)
• Montgomery County Crisis Center
240-777-4673 (24-hour hotline)
• Fairfax Domestic and Sexual Violence Services
703-360-7273 (24-hour hotline)
Look into Domestic Abuse Prevention Programa ( DAPP) brochure bellow: DAPP Brochure ENG